SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Jupiter, tried Autostakkertt and PIPP for 1st time

Jove

Hi all, haven't been able to get the scope out much lately due to the weather, but have managed a couple of half decent Jupiter images since new year. I've been trying out Autostakkert2 and Planetary Image Preprocessor (PIPP) for preprocessing, aligning and stacking frames instead of Registax, though I am still using Registax6 for wavelets. This is probably my best effort from Jan 5th, a little early for the GRS it is just coming into view on the right hand (Western) limb.

Happy new year and clear skies to all :)

8354414472_6179447260_z.jpg

Looks very nice. I'm surprised there's not a bit more colour in it though. What capture settings did you use?

James

Can't recall off the top of my head. I used wxAstrocapture - gain was around 50. What would you recommend? I am on a bit of a misson to get better colour - I usually get stronger colour but muddier looking images (see my flickr link) - had supposed this was a central obstruction/Mak thing. Is there an alternative to wxAC that makes colour capture easier to control?

Thanks

I use SharpCap for capture. I tried both it and wxAstroCapture and decided that I preferred SharpCap. It has a nice feature that I leave turned on to save the capture settings for each avi file.

James

• 2 weeks later...

Archived