SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Forecasts

Lee M

Sorry if I haven't spotted this somewhere else on the forum but what meteorological forecast sites (for UK) do people use & recommend? My 'regulars' with a more maritime bent told me not to expect any spells of clear sky like I just found outside this evening.

Cheers

Lee

Hi Lee, yes and unfortunately they seem to be right most of the time (at least for me...)

I'm hoping for clear skies soon as I'm about to pull the trigger on my first AP setup. I must admit, the cloudy nights do make me wonder if I should save my money! :shocked:

I find most weather forecasting is a bit on the iffy side to be honest, it's the nature of the beast. I use UK Observations Map from the Met Office. It has the advantage of displaying actual recorded observations at 15 minute intervals. It'll run an animation as well, and this gives the best idea of whether or not cloud or rain is coming your way. It works a bit like Sat24, but is zoomable during hours of darkness. Satellite visible, and IR satellite and rain are the views I use. I find it really useful.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk

Archived