SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Hello & happy new year

Craig1981

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Craig and welcome to SGL, nice scope the 150 and at a bargain price. Download the free program Stellarium, it will help find you way about the night sky and provide targets to point your new scope at, and don`t forget the new Stargazing Live on TV, commencing next Tuesday for three nights, enjoy your new scope :)

John.

Hi Craig

Welcome to SGL.

You got a bargain there !

Really nice scope, looks like the same mount and tripod that I now sit my 6SE on.

Enjoy

Regards

Neil

......oh and the clouds?? well they're an added extra that you can't remove when you go to the checkout :grin:

Thank you all for the welcome messages and thanks John for recommending the Stellarium software.

I have just bought a dew shield but it's too big. The shield isn't made for my scope but because It was advertised as being 6" I thought it would fit the Explorer 150 but it's actually just over 7" diameter :mad:. I'm going to add another strip of velcro to reduce the size. This is the one I got: Astrozap Flexible Dew Shield - 6" LXD 75 SN so if anybody else has the 150P, don't make the mistake of thinking the shield will fit as I did.

Craig.

Archived