Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_android_vs_ios_winners.thumb.jpg.803608cf7eedd5cfb31eedc3e3f357e9.jpg

Looks fine now. What was the problem?

I'm also curious about it because it's a cracking picture. Please share with us.

Edited by Gonzo

Go on then, what was it? Lens cap still on? Shed roof still in place? Not looking at M31 by mistake?

Put us out of our misery, because this is a great shot of the main part of M31 - what did you have before?

At first I was stuck with the image attached below. I thought it was an issue with field rotation because PixInsight said there was -.28 degrees field rotation between each image.

You'd be surprised that all that smudge in the upper left was because I was stacking a image that was smeared most likely by the telescope possibly being nudged. I noticed there was a time difference in the files so that's what made me think the image was bad. After removing the bad image from the stack it came out nicer.

post-27705-0-49901600-1357346728_thumb.j