Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Burma skies

I've always wanted to visit Burma and finally ticked it off my bucket list last December. One of the highlights was Bagan, a dusty plain in the middle of the country littered with hundreds of ancient stupas. Luckily I was there around the full moon and managed to get some moonlit shots amongst the temples. The MW pics are from a temple near Inle Lake. My luck was holding because the temple keepers were late turning on their massive arc lights one night giving me time to get some shots of the MW before the place was flooded with a horrible yellowy-orange light. Now, if they could just get rid of the mangy one-eyed dog that lies in wait after dark, that would be cool. It's very distracting chucking rocks at savage dogs while shooting...

The moon panos were shot with a 45mm TSE, the first one from 10 frames shot with a pano head and the second a composite using rise and drop. Moonrise was a 70-200 zoom. The first MW a 15mm full frame fish-eye and the other two 17-40 zoom. The camera was a Canon 5D3.

Thanks for looking and Happy New Year!

Cheers,

Jon

post-6008-0-92400400-1357309971_thumb.jp

post-6008-0-92963900-1357310025_thumb.jp

post-6008-0-58488600-1357310069_thumb.jp

post-6008-0-03846300-1357310102_thumb.jp

post-6008-0-00233800-1357310131_thumb.jp

post-6008-0-94027200-1357310162_thumb.jp

Lovely lovely shots. We went to Burma in February last year, mainly in Rangoon, where light pollution is a bit of an issue! :blink:

These are lovely photos, taken in an incredible country. My wife is half burmese and there is loads of family there.

Hi resolution downloads would be great if you could arrange it OP? ;-)

Cheers guys, Burma was an amazing place to visit, however, it was the people that truly made the trip such a fantastic experience. I'd love to go back some day...

Sorry about the low-res but I don't want to post high-res images with horrible watermarks running through them.

They are absolutely lovely shots and have made me wanna visit Bagan. I am currently in Chiang Mai and about to embark on 4 days of downhill mountain biking but looking at these photos has me seriously considering it for my next stop. Thanks for posting.

They are absolutely lovely shots and have made me wanna visit Bagan. I am currently in Chiang Mai and about to embark on 4 days of downhill mountain biking but looking at these photos has me seriously considering it for my next stop. Thanks for posting.

Go, you won't regret it. Bagan is one of the most photogenic and amazing places I have ever visited.

Hope your trip is going well. Four days of mountain biking sounds awesome.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived