Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

finally a clear night

well after almost a week after getting my new telescope i finally had a clear night, was -15c though. i am in the city so my viewing from home is limited but i have a clear view of jupiter for about 4 hours every evening. the first look with my scope and i was very pleased. i could easily make out 3 red stripes and the 4 galiean moons very easliy. the scopes controls worked very well also. now if i could just get another clear night and a morning so i could get saturn also and ill be happy. cheers!

Sounds like you enjoyed the first light. It was beautifully clear here last night, but i didnt get home from the gym until like 2230, then had my uncle round till about 1am. Kinda feels like a wasted clear sky. Even though id of been looking at the same things again as i cant find the bleeding messier object ive looked for like 5 times!!

Archived