Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Thank you all for your help and advice.

Happy new year all! I managed to get just oven an hour of clear skies lastnight. I Grabbed my little set up. Filled my pockets with enthusiasm and took all the advice you people gave me. Better polar alignment, longer subs, more Lights, darks and finally flats (using them now).

So ive gone from this

post-26977-0-20447300-1357174441_thumb.j

to this

post-26977-0-92970800-1357174809_thumb.j

Thank you all for your help and advice. Just one more question. How can i get rid of the blue halos on some stars? Ive trawled through the forums and done what people say to do but they are still there!

Iso @ 800. Managed to get 23x2 minutes. Used darks from the other night (started my darks library). Use my iPad on white screen for my flats. Seems to work. I'm itching for more data. It's a very addictive.

your right about it being very addictive, but it can also be quite frustrating at times too,

A darks library is a good idea, I started mine off a couple of months ago but remember to keep updating them with newer subs now and then to keep things fresh, I use a full screen note pad on the laptop for flats and like you said it seems to do the job and the more data you add the better the final result, helping reduce the noise and being able to pull more detail out during processing, just need less rain and more clear skies

How long did it take you to process M45? I'm just starting to get the grip of processing. Took me a while to figure it out. YouTube helped me out with most of it. But I still have stars with a tinge of blue. The lens I use only cost me £70. I'm chuffed with the results I've got with it. I think a scope is the way forward. Would love to get more detail.

How long did it take you to process M45? I'm just starting to get the grip of processing.

Didnt take that long as my subs wern't great so i couldn't get much out of the final picture. around 30 mins but other pics i have taken have taken upto 4 hours or more it depends on how you want the final picture to look. if you have photoshop there are some great plugins to help out with the processing like Astra image, http://www.phasespac...ce.com.au/��and, and GradientXTerminator, http://www.rc-astro....entXTerminator/ they arnt free but they do make a huge difference and can save a bit of time

Cheers StarRaver! I've tried GradientXTerminator (trial version) but I won't accept my licence key? I'd like to try it before I buy it. Although I have discovered another way to remove the gradient. I tinkered with this image for nearly 2 hours! Adjust this, change it back, alter that, change it back. I'm sure I could get more out of it with a bit of practise. I've just got to remember I'm using my canon 450d and not Hubble.

Just tried that link but the page has been removed. I subscribed to a chap called Doug German on YouTube. He walks you through the basics of processing in photoshop. I'm going to watch his clip on sharper stars today. And see if I can get rid of that blue tinge on my stars.

Archived