Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Kielder Spring Event

Lo Ian

They let me in so everyone is welcome to join in the fun. :whip2: The Northern reference is in relation to the Kelling SP being on at the same time and the gentlemen from north of the border find the trip down south too harrowing :D so seeing as we are just over the border for them it is only a couple of hours drive.

South of Watford Gap is France isn't it :? :lol: we have some people coming up from Plymouth :shock: that is taking dedication to the extreme.

As regards good company and drink I think they go together especially if the pristine skies don't cooperate, what else are a bunch of blokes within staggering distance of a pub who sells real ale meant to do :whip2:. Hope to see You up there Ian. :D

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New, bigger, more powerful lasers, eh?

We might mistake them for aurorae down "saarf" :D :D

I'm in at Kelling for spring - but am really hoping to get there in Autumn - had a great time last year!!

As regards good company and drink I think they go together especially if the pristine skies don't cooperate, what else are a bunch of blokes within staggering distance of a pub who sells real ale meant to do :whip2:. Hope to see You up there Ian. :D

They certainly do go together Kev. Well I'm booked in now from Thursday, I'm looking forward to it already :D

See you there,

Ian

Kielder, for me (and Mike )

Just love that p1sstaking,banter, grief and general abuse, any clear skies over the uk , kielder will be the best place to (get *beep*) be !

Numbers have just increased by one folks these two very worthy gents have both offered and assured to get both me and my gear up there and back home again Thank you very much for this lads I thought I would be Kielderless this year! I too love the banter of the place and the Sunderland AS lads really are the tops too I have Let Astrogaz know the situation and he as always has made it possible to proceed so thats it roll on the 2nd April. :lol::D :hello1: :D

Just found out that the Autumn event is on the same time as Kelling, and I'm already booked for Kelling.

That's a real shame as I really enjoyed Kielder!!!!!!

well you will just have to unbook then :whip2: :nono:

Sorry you wont make it Daz I was going to buy all your drinks at that event such a shame I will have to keep em all to myself now

:D

Sorry you wont make it Daz I was going to buy all your drinks at that event such a shame I will have to keep em all to myself now

:D

Hehehe!! Nicely done RA :D

Save em till next year for me !!

Just found out that the Autumn event is on the same time as Kelling, and I'm already booked for Kelling.

That's a real shame as I really enjoyed Kielder!!!!!!

Lo Daz

What are the dates for the Autumn Kelling event :D The Autumn dates don't normally clash 8)

• 2 weeks later...

[move][glow=red,2,300]UPDATE[/glow][/move]

Due to the imminent opening of the Kielder Observatory the spring event will starting earlier, :D this is a quote from Gary Fildes posted on UKAI : :D

"Well its with great pride and a lot of pleasure that I am able to announce that the eagerly awaited Kielder Observatory is now nearing completion. We will be opening the facility at this years spring Star Camp, we will be extending the event to run from the Friday 28th March up until 6th April. The reason for this is that we have been asked to lay on a series of activities to promote awareness in astronomy amongst the general public. We will have various groups attending for tours and talks interspersed with activities for all. So a very interesting week around the Star Camp, the good news is ALL welcome, there are still places available, so if you would like to come along and join in then drop me a line. The official launch will be based around the weekend of 25th of April till the 27th, this will be the ribbon cutting exercise. Sometime within the next 4 weeks we will be fitting the 2 scopes, so I will keep you all informed. In the meantime I'm off to see the shuttle come home,pics to follow. Gaz"

I don't think Gary posts on here and not everyone is a member of UKAI so rather than put my spin on Gary's words you are getting it straight from the horses mouth so to speak. :whip2: :hello1:

• 2 weeks later...

I'll be there for three nights, just hoping for some clear skies this time (just got drunk at the Autumn event, which is my 2nd better make that 3rd favourite activity). I'll be camping with Starflyer on the Thursday night and Gary1968 will be putting me up in his caravan for the Friday and Saturday.

Cheers, Martin

• 2 weeks later...

Archived