Greetings all!

Mycota

Olá to all star gazers!

I would like to introduce myself in this forum and let you know a bit about this star gazer.

As I am Portuguese, I do most of my observations in Portugal at 38.5º all year round with good temperatures (with strong condensation in the Winter though) in a moderatly suburban light polluted sky. However, I spend a lot of time in Finland (62.2º), where I also watch the skies, less polluted, mainly in the dark Winter and with plenty plenty of clothes more.

Besides the astronomical association's equipment that I use seldomly, I use mostly my own optics on a motor driven Sky-Watcher NEQ5 mount:

- 15x70 Skymaster (Celestron) binoculars

- 11-16mm f/2.8 (Tokina)

- 50mm f/1.4 smc manual (Pentax)

- 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 (Canon)

- 200-400mm f/5.6 (Tamron)

- 200/1000mm (8 inch f/5) Newtonian (Sky-Watcher)

- 2x and 3x barlows, 25mm, 10mm and 4mm Plossls and a 1000D and 550D Canon cameras

- Self made Baader sun filters for binoculars and scope plus 1.25'' UHC, IRblock, #12, #21, #25, #47, #56 and #82A filters.

My interests are in astrophotography (planetary, messiers, widefield and conjunctions) and amateur research (variable stars).

It's good to be among people sharing this passion :)

Obrigado!

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived