Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_lunar_landings.thumb.jpg.b50378d0845690d8a03305a49923eb40.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
shifter

Very first attempt at the horsehead

Good grief I didn't realise how much of a nightmare this DSO was (note to self.... buy a filter of some sort pleeeease) anyhoo this is a cumulation of 20 90sec subs @ iso 1600 and a hell of a lot of processing in PS CS2 :shock:

.....Brian.....

1816_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Wow, I have to admit that I didn't think that it would have possible with a DSLR!

Thats a great shot!

Was that with the ED80 or SN10? [removed word] the spikes sort of give it away - that was with the 10 wasn't it!!!

Ant

Well I don't have the best knowhow for judging an astro image, but I can't see anything wrong with that Brian.

You took a long time in the process shop, but you haven't wasted your time mate.

It,s very good indeed. Another thumbs up for the old DSLR.

Ron. :D

A very good attempt at a difficult subject Brian.

The brilliance of the star Alnitak, adds the the difficulty of trying to capture the dark shape of the 'horse head'.

You should feeling quite 'chuffed' with what you achieved using the DSLR.

Dave

Well done, Brian. This is a very tricky object to image as you can only see it once you have captured the bright emission nebula behind it and with a DSLR, that is no easy task so you have done well to capture this much detail. This is a nice wide composition including the Flame Nebula so there is much to look at!