SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

any one else had this from a DSLR

Daniel-K

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry Daniel I wasn't too clear in my last post so apologies

Right click onto the images. There should be a share or similar. Click it it should give u a link with funky letters. Post that if you can, as the link you posted is the generic Dropbox link for every one

That seems to be just one file Daniel. I downloaded it just by clicking it.

I looked at it, and can find no gradients or rings at all, no matter how I stretch it. Do they only show up after stacking?

I must say though, that your imaging train seems very clean.

what do you mean by very clean? it wont let me copy the link for the whole file ??

Daniel, I think what you'll need to do is copy each sub into the public folder and then right click each individual sub to generate a link to each sub. Then post all of the links to enable us to download the subs.

Tony

Daniel,

I have 3 stacked versions of the six subs and I don't get any of the phenomena you have experienced. These are the stacks;

https://dl.dropbox.c.../StackInDSS.TIF - Just loaded the subs into DSS and let it run automatically.

https://dl.dropbox.c...StackInNEB2.tif - Converted the CR2 subs to TIF in canon DDP and simply aligned and combined in NEB2, it automatically knew what bayer matrix to apply.

https://dl.dropbox.c...kInNEB2-Mod.tif - Ran the NEB2 stack through photoshop and removed most of the vignetting gradient with gradientxterminator, there is still a slight horizontal linear gradient along the bottom of the stacked image.

See what you think

Gina speak english please i just about managed drop box :grin:

ZIP is a computer program that takes files of any sort, compresses them without losing any information and combines them into one file. This program was designed for communicating files over wires or wireless/radio in the least possible time without losing any information. Another program takes the compressed file and separates it into it's components and uncompresses the files to provide an exact copy of the originals. Most people who have used computers or the internet are familiar with this sort of thing. I hope that explains it but you can get more info by typing ZIP into Google.

I've never had anything like that and I have used 4 1100Ds with ED80 and various prime lenses. You haven't been using 8 bit processing anywhere in your processing, have you? I think it could be the result of stretching the gradient caused by vignetting until the gradient is showing as steps. Human image processing makes the steps look like rings. If you use flats to remove the vignetting you shouldn't get that problem. TBH your image is not representative of normal inaging so we are probably chasing a red herring.

Hi Dan, I ran them through DSS and then had a play with the 16bit tiff in CS5. I can recreate the gradients if I stretch it in Levels with the middle slider, but I can get a better stretch using Curves. I only used levels to align the colour channels, but then used gentle persuasion with curves. I can just about make out some spiral arms but you would need more data to get something worthwhile. There is a gradient , but not as bad or as many. Darks and flats would help.

I know some tutorials suggest using the middle slider with Levels, but if it produces those gradients you have to find a different way.

I just wish I could get something from my subs. I seem to find it easier with other peoples.

PS. still can't find any dust bunnies.

Archived