Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

So... Any Essex astro presents?

knobby

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Found out today that the red dot finder is out of stock. Looks like I'll be getting a better quality moon filter instead. What are you planning to spend the £140 on?

really havent got a clue, thinking of maybe flogging the 4se OTA and adding the £140 to see if I can get a SW 127 OTA ??????

really havent got a clue, thinking of maybe flogging the 4se OTA and adding the £140 to see if I can get a SW 127 OTA ??????

Funnily enough I've been thinking of upgrading my 4se OTA to the SW 127 OTA as well. I've seen them go second hand for around £120. Are you planning on using the 127 with the same mount the 4se uses? The weight of the SW 127 is about the same as the 5se OTA though the skywatcher has a longer length. I know that the mount for the 4se is the same as used by the 5se so I guess it should work.

Al

Funnily enough I've been thinking of upgrading my 4se OTA to the SW 127 OTA as well. I've seen them go second hand for around £120. Are you planning on using the 127 with the same mount the 4se uses? The weight of the SW 127 is about the same as the 5se OTA though the skywatcher has a longer length. I know that the mount for the 4se is the same as used by the 5se so I guess it should work.

Al

Seems a lot to consider just for the extra inch... But I am thinking about it!

got all the hassle of selling as well

Seems a lot to consider just for the extra inch... But I am thinking about it!

got all the hassle of selling as well

I'm thinking about selling my eyepiece & filters set. I only ever use the 32mm from it as I find the stock 25mm that came with the 4se is perfectly adequate for my needs.

Can't wait to get back out!

still looking at ways to tweak me kit with me dosh ... Please stop the clouds!

Im currently collecting for "Rid Essex Skies of Clouds" campaign, we're not registered as of yet, but feel free to donate to this worthy cause ;)

I accept... I mean we accept cold hard cash

to be fair, i kind of wish i wasnt hooked on it... it can be expensive, and when you think your getting right you realise the next step up is at more expense....

Being poor suck.. but photographing space now thats exciting.. plus my dog likes it :)

to be fair, i kind of wish i wasnt hooked on it... it can be expensive, and when you think your getting right you realise the next step up is at more expense....

Being poor suck.. but photographing space now thats exciting.. plus my dog likes it :)

My Dog goes mental when I start setting the scope up. She runs round the garden like a nutter!

Just ordered a SW 127 ota for my Celestron Mount, wanted the extra 1" and 1500 mm for planets!

got my dob for fuzzies and my Mak for planets

Sorted

I'd be interested to hear how you get on with using the SW 127 with the Celestron mount.

Should be interesting :D the images online show the dovetail on the bottom for ota only or eq3 mount versions but on the right for the auto or goto versions.

I've ordered ota only so if its on the bottom I'll be OK!

fingers crossed...

Should be interesting :D the images online show the dovetail on the bottom for ota only or eq3 mount versions but on the right for the auto or goto versions.

I've ordered ota only so if its on the bottom I'll be OK!

fingers crossed...

Did you order it from FLO? Upgrading my 4se ota to the SW 127 is what I'm planning to do later this year.

Well what can I say? RVO said they'd try to get it out today for delivery wed or Thursday... Got gone and its here :D

Cheers Rother Valley Optics.

It fits on the 4se mount but only just, going to need some modding.

Just used a few shims at the moment but will need more work

post-21341-135767657913_thumb.jpgpost-21341-135767659678_thumb.jpg

Archived