Setting up EQ mount

mik

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Thank you Richard I am a newbie and you answered all of my questions. I have focused on pole alignment RA/ DEC ect. But completely ignored balance. I new it was there but didn't pay much attention to it and my manual is rubbish to be honest. Now I am itching to sort the balance out but it is in the bedroom and the wife is asleep and I don't want to die.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I apologise, this is an old thread, however. Thank you very much for posting this link. I may actually be able to set the scope (celestron 114eq) up properly now.

The instructions included with the scope are, lets be honest, terrible. I learned more about what I need to do from those few webpages in a few minutes then I did after studying the instruction booklet for what felt like days. I have even saved the pages to my hard drive for offline viewing.

Thank you again.

• 1 month later...

Starting to learn about all this so I'm very late to this thread but thank you for posting Mick, such a great tutorial. I think I'm going to make a PDF of it and keep it on my iPad. I may try and create a red night version of it so I can have it on my iPad while setting the scope up at night :(

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived