magnet weights.

rory

anyone know where i can get hold of magnetic weights for dob balacing ? i think its the simplist option ,i can just wrap it in a cloth to stop sctratching and shift it about. but no idea where to get weighty magnets ? ta.

One option is to buy a magnetic knife rack, then you can just put anything metal on it and slide it up and down for balance.

yeah i thought about this, but im thinking i would need to drill the knife rack if its only magnetic on one side ? am i getting this all wrong /?

cheers jimmyjj.

cheers all, the knife rack is back on the agenda i think. thats a smart little magnetic set up dave

The larger weight is a kilogram and the smaller half a kilogram and I use a total of 3.5 kg when using heavier 2" ep's. I need all the weight as the scope came with a small red dot finder that I've replaced with a Telrad and also added a 10x50 finder.

Dave

im wondering if double sided tape or numberplate pads will be strong enough when you have weights on the rack ?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sellotape-Outdoor-Sticky-Fixers-Double/dp/B000KN06TC/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1356878775&sr=8-2 like this .

had to laugh at the one review,which is is marked as "most HELPFUL critical"

"I bought it to fix a bell push to the door frame, but didn't need it and so can't say how good it is." how helpful is that :grin:

Archived