Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

After thought M31

Kai

Some nights everything goes right and others im afraid not.

The plan last Sunday was to image M33 again but this time guided.No problems ........

Scopes went out nice and early to cool down,i even had the Atik cooling down before i started !!

Darkness falls and i start by doing a 3 star align, sucess :lol: now attach the cameras and slew to Vega to get the focussing sorted out , again no problems yet , try a quide test of Phd ...fine.

So i enter M33 in the handset and off goes the mount slewing away when it starts to stall !!!! the st4 cable has caught in the pier plate and is stopping the mount turning :D and then snap !! the cable snaps.

OH BLAST i mutter :lol: game over ,

So i thought i best get something out of the night and went for the easy target of M31.Below is a stack of a hours worth of 90 second subs (i was planning on 5 min) stacked in Maxim and processed in Cs2 .

1804_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Not the best by a long chalk but i think there is some nice detail in there.

Plenty of nice detail in there!

Cables are a real pain aren't they - I use loads of wire ties on mine to keep everything in place as they are easy to take off when you finish the session but the more you get into astro-imaging, the more cables you seem to need!

Cables are a real pain aren't they - I use loads of wire ties on mine to keep everything in place as they are easy to take off when you finish the session but the more you get into astro-imaging, the more cables you seem to need!

I use double sided velcro strips rolls, which I cut to size

Archived