Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

75 days and not a star in sight...

Jessun

I havn't missed a single opportunity to image since my somewhat questionable M33 - but that WAS my last opportunity....

I've had 75 days without seing a single star. I saw the Moon once.

And a few blocks away they were kind enough to put this up:

post-16323-0-33799000-1356211663_thumb.j

I crave some clear skies now.... without ferris wheels!

/Jesper

Well, think on the positive side Jesper, you could have a go on the Ferris wheel in between subs????? One must be resourceful my friend.... :)

But, I concede its barmy the gaps between observing sessions this year due to the weather. I lived in Lyon 25 years ago for six months and it was nothing but wall to wall sunshine.... Times have changed down there?

Hehe, maybe I should get a ride on that wheel to calm my nerves.... Since your stay kirkster, diesel got cheap - and then cars got expensive. So everyone is driving old diesel cars with no emission control in place... I'm guessing at least that this plays a part in the everlasting haze forming.

Ah well, one night it has to clear up :smiley:

(M33 was with a camera by the way - never seen it)

I have seen it naked eye from just out of Buxton.

Me too, and not far from you, from Monyash near Bakewell.

M33 is "kind of there" with averted vision. You can't stare directly at it and see it as such. The slightest haze or LP will drown it out. I have failed to see it in my SCT 11 with LP.

I havn't missed a single opportunity to image since my somewhat questionable M33 - but that WAS my last opportunity....

I've had 75 days without seing a single star. I saw the Moon once.

And a few blocks away they were kind enough to put this up:

post-16323-0-33799000-1356211663_thumb.j

I crave some clear skies now.... without ferris wheels!

/Jesper

Try the nights they are a lot darker and you are much more likely to see some :smiley:

Tonight has been the first night with stars visible for what feels like several weeks, but the clouds were flying past so fast I didn't bother going out, seeing was poor and I figured the moon would wash out anything interesting. With the gusty breeze blowing too, it would not have been much fun at the eyepiece. Ah well.

perhaps we need to find another use for our telescopes. Around here searcing for intellgent life might take some time but it could just possibly work.

Also, I have never been able to see M33 with the naked eye. This has proved quite a proble as Twice now I have banged my head on it.

Merry Christmas

lets hope for a clear night real soon

Stevie

Oddly enough, after this post, it cleared up finally and I got a good view again!! Almost like a Christmas present... Hope it's not 75 days until next clear spell. And yup, agree that nights are better than days for astro related activities :grin:!

Merry Christmas to you! May we all get a complete Planewave setup in the stocking for tomorrow :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Archived