Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Brian May for S@N ?

MorningMajor

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd have thought his response was likely to be "Why don't you find someone to do it who might also appeal to the part of the audience under 40?" I have a huge amount of respect for him and enjoy it when he has been on the show, but I struggle to see why anyone might think he's the right person for the job.

As for the linked article, I think they're only claiming it's a rumour because they're trying to start it...

James

As for the linked article, I think they're only claiming it's a rumour because they're trying to start it...

Not strictly true, if you Google it there are many different sources - loads from the music press! - salt duly pinched!

Actually I think the current presenters could do an excellent job so see no need for any real changes - but TV always like an anchorman - so who knows?1

Sky At Night = Sir Patrick Moore

Leave it at that and start a completely new Astronomy show, rebranded with new presenters. That way, no shoes to fill and the Sir Patrick and Sky At Night legacy remains intact.

How's that sound?

*reaches for the coat*

Leave it at that and start a completely new Astronomy show, rebranded with new presenters. That way, no shoes to fill and the Sir Patrick and Sky At Night legacy remains intact.

How's that sound?

*reaches for the coat*

That would be very good. But i doubt it will happen like that.

How's that sound?

*reaches for the coat*

+1 on this

Really? I think hes brilliant at explaining things. He could explain the most complicated thing in the world to me, and id still be able to understand it

+1 on that Matt.I have always found him very watchable. His laid back presentation may not suit everyone but his wonders of the universe was a massive success and if he could bring some of that to S@N without changing it from what SPM left us, then for me he would be the man.

On another note, nothing against the co-presenters, but wouldn't a better known front man build, rather than just maintain the programme?

Baz

+1 on that Matt.I have always found him very watchable. His laid back presentation may not suit everyone but his wonders of the universe was a massive success and if he could bring some of that to S@N without changing it from what SPM left us, then for me he would be the man.

On another note, nothing against the co-presenters, but wouldn't a better known front man build, rather than just maintain the programme?

Baz

It also helps that I could actually make out the words coming out of brians mouth. Would have needed a translator for the other guy.

Sky at night should not finish,Patrick would be horrified at the thought.At the end of the day,although we have lost Patrick,astronomy and science moves along.It is a very interesting and mixed programme with some exellent presenters,who can communicate well.

I,m sure this will have at some point been discussed with Patrick,and plans will no doubt take shape,but to take it off the air would seem pointless to me.

Mick.

Archived