Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Which Monopod?

Damo636

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fleabay have the camrock H110 ballhead, that Steve Tonkin uses, listed.The supplier is actually based in Lotz,Poland(!) £22 odd,plus £5 p&p. Adaptor cost £1.49 post free.

Darn, I missed a trick there -- should be claiming a commission from Mikes' Photo! :grin:

Hi Steve. Following a quick Google search,I was surprised to see that Mike's was the only supplier of this particular model ballhead that I could find.I reckon Mike owes you one!

He's the only one that does it at that price, but if you search EvilBay for "Olivon", you'll find exactly the same model for a mere £84.99 from an outfit called "lotnabox" and wonder why they haven't sold any! :laugh: (No disrespect to lotnabox -- I've had a nice set of kites from them in the past, at a good price.)

I think a few of those retailers think that us astro guys gave more money than sense and fleece accordingly!
To be fair to Lotnabox, I don't think they have a clue what they are worth. They tend to pick up bankrupt stock and sell on. Probably did a cursory search and found that some similar-looking bit of "big name" kit costs over £100 and priced accordingly. The set of 6 kites I had from them cost me less than the RRP of a single one, probably because the cursory search found a similar shoddy version!

My Camrock ball head arrived today, really surprised by the quality considering the relatively low price. Of course I forgot to order the 1/4"-3/8" screw adapter so now waiting on it to arrive!

Great news! What can I say about the adaptor? We've all done it!Hope it arrives soon for you,so you have the whole shooting match! Looking forward to your thoughts!

For monopods, I find the manfrotto tilt head is all you need - no point in anything fancier when you can just rotate the monopod... If you prefer a ball head, the larger Jessops ones are also pretty good for the price - but I still prefer a plain tilt head.

Archived