SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

15 Monoceros widefield

laser_jock99

Wide field shot centered on 15 Monceros (Christmas Tree Cluster) taken with Altair Starwave ED80 scope, 300s single sub, Fuji S5 Pro camera @ ISO3200, from dark sky site in Mid Wales.

I forgot to fit the field flattener for this - so focus was not ideal. Still even this short photo shows there is a lot going on this area, numerous emission, dark & refelection nebulae starting to show plus star clusters. Definately worth a longer visit.

DSCF6447_noels_1024.jpg

Certainly a lot going on in there! Very colourful & I always like these images with the dark mysterious nebulosity coming through - you have a very good example here. Some of the stars have a bit of a blue halo coming through, try using the Colour Range tool to pick these up and then backing off the Cyan & Blue in Selective Colours - sometimes (not always) this can help.

Certainly a lot going on in there! Very colourful & I always like these images with the dark mysterious nebulosity coming through - you have a very good example here. Some of the stars have a bit of a blue halo coming through, try using the Colour Range tool to pick these up and then backing off the Cyan & Blue in Selective Colours - sometimes (not always) this can help.

The Starwave ED80 is only a 'semi apo' scope so I usually get those haloes. Hoping to upgrade to the triplet version next year (subject to bonus!).

Archived