Narrowband

Comet C/2012 K5 (Linear)

Yup, should be. Moon will be out of the way until after 11pm as well, which will help enormously. All we need is transparent skies!

Also, I've just updated the finder chart for the first half of January (intended to do it on New Years Day, but forgot). Probably be too faint for 70mm binocs after mid-month:

http://binocularsky.com/binoc_transient.php

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good luck! I tried on Saturday (with the 15x70) when the sky cleared for about an hour wiht the comet near the zenith -- thought I had a glimpse of it, but I couldn't repeat it for the next half hour, so I can't really count it as an observation.

I put the scope out last night at about 7pm and it appeared to be clearing a bit. so as the skies seemed to be improving I left the scope to cool and took the dog for a walk with my wife. in the half an hour that took, the skies went crystal clear and then had clouded over again by the time I got home! I managed some brief but good views of Jupiter but nothing else was even showing through. I am hopeful at a go at both the comet and the Asteroids myself tonight but am not hopeful.

Archived