Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

FLO

Custom-made Astronomy Adapters & Accessories

Just found this thread !   :smile:

Hopefully dovetails are considered adapters, as I need a couple of them 1 1/2" wide so we can use other small scopes with our Telemator Mount. I will e-mail John after the New Year.

Cheers.

• Like 1

I have also recently been on the receiving end of John's machining talent and was delighted with my purchase - a quick turnaround, a perfect fit and a very fair price. I would most certainly use this service again.

• Like 3

Absolutely agree, the fitting I have that John made is the best one own :)

Would something a little larger such as a custom pillar extension for a large mount be within the scope of this service ?

This thread has been nicely revived just when I'm trying to fit a stepper motor to a focuser. Email sent regarding adaptors for such - there seems to be a proliferation of people building their own motorised focuser controllers these days so could be a good area!

Would something a little larger such as a custom pillar extension for a large mount be within the scope of this service ?

Possibly, please email the dimensions :smiley: 

This thread has been nicely revived just when I'm trying to fit a stepper motor to a focuser. Email sent regarding adaptors for such - there seems to be a proliferation of people building their own motorised focuser controllers these days so could be a good area!

We have responded to your email :smiley: 

HTH, 

Steve 

John's just made me an adapter which allows the SCT thread of my William Optic RFIV to be directly screwed to the rear 92mm thread of my Feathertouch focuser and keep my 2" IDAS LP filter in the train. 

John is a really nice guy and his workshop has to be seen to be believed - just amazing!

The adapter is exactly what I needed, very nice quality, well priced and delivered earlier than promised.

I'd highly recommend John - he deserves to be very successful.

Steve

PS - I must also thank Buzz (who has also ordered a similar adapter) for producing the adapter drawing and providing the thread info!

• Like 2

Hi

Slight bump on this , but just to say john has made me some excellent adaptors for my celestron rowe ( promise a review soon )

The quality is just excellent and at a very reasonable price --Highly recommended--  Jt is your man

Regards

Harry

Just found this thread !   :smile:

Hopefully dovetails are considered adapters, as I need a couple of them 1 1/2" wide so we can use other small scopes with our Telemator Mount. I will e-mail John after the New Year.

Cheers.

Hi

Slight bump on this , but just to say john has made me some excellent adaptors for my celestron rowe ( promise a review soon )

The quality is just excellent and at a very reasonable price --Highly recommended--  Jt is your man

Regards

Harry

Glad it worked out for you, wish I could say the same.

Hi

I can only speak as I find , he has done several  jobs for me and not straight forward items either 

From my dealings with man he seems very easy to deal with , so I stick with my recommendation and hope your

problems are sorted out

Harry

Nothing to do with dealings, unfortunately he just wasn't interested. I've been an amateur machinist for several decades,

and would have made the dovetails myself if I had access to equipment here in the UK. Anyway, enough said. Clear skies.

Is this service still available?

Yes, as far as I know John is still machining custom items. Our thread adapter for Daystar Quark was the result of a similar custom adapter he made for an SGL member. 

HTH, 

Steve 

• Like 1

Yes, as far as I know John is still machining custom items. Our thread adapter for Daystar Quark was the result of a similar custom adapter he made for an SGL member. 

HTH, 

Steve 

Thanks for the reply.

I've dropped him an email for a custom ERF cell.

Are FLO / John still offering this custom adapter service ?

thanks  ken 

15 minutes ago, Ken82 said:

Are FLO / John still offering this custom adapter service ?

Yes. Though much depends on how busy John is doing his regular work. 

• Like 1

Hi, could John also make a flange to fit an old 125mm tube to fit a standard SW refractor focuser?

Cheers

Frank

I don't know. Please email us your requirements so we can discuss it with John.