Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Custom-made Astronomy Adapters & Accessories

FLO

This thread has been nicely revived just when I'm trying to fit a stepper motor to a focuser. Email sent regarding adaptors for such - there seems to be a proliferation of people building their own motorised focuser controllers these days so could be a good area!

Would something a little larger such as a custom pillar extension for a large mount be within the scope of this service ?

Possibly, please email the dimensions :smiley: 

This thread has been nicely revived just when I'm trying to fit a stepper motor to a focuser. Email sent regarding adaptors for such - there seems to be a proliferation of people building their own motorised focuser controllers these days so could be a good area!

We have responded to your email :smiley: 

HTH, 

Steve 

• 5 weeks later...

John's just made me an adapter which allows the SCT thread of my William Optic RFIV to be directly screwed to the rear 92mm thread of my Feathertouch focuser and keep my 2" IDAS LP filter in the train. 

John is a really nice guy and his workshop has to be seen to be believed - just amazing!

The adapter is exactly what I needed, very nice quality, well priced and delivered earlier than promised.

I'd highly recommend John - he deserves to be very successful.

Steve

PS - I must also thank Buzz (who has also ordered a similar adapter) for producing the adapter drawing and providing the thread info!

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Just found this thread !   :smile:

Hopefully dovetails are considered adapters, as I need a couple of them 1 1/2" wide so we can use other small scopes with our Telemator Mount. I will e-mail John after the New Year.

Cheers.

Hi

Slight bump on this , but just to say john has made me some excellent adaptors for my celestron rowe ( promise a review soon )

The quality is just excellent and at a very reasonable price --Highly recommended--  Jt is your man

Regards

Harry

Glad it worked out for you, wish I could say the same.

Nothing to do with dealings, unfortunately he just wasn't interested. I've been an amateur machinist for several decades,

and would have made the dovetails myself if I had access to equipment here in the UK. Anyway, enough said. Clear skies.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 years later...