Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

astronomy ceter in todmorden

superjody

Hi all, hows the astronomy center in todmorden doing after the break in last year??

I havent really been on the site since it happened and didnt find out if they ever got any of the stuff back that was stolen.

i need to get the big blue time travelling tube out more often and maybe even take a trip up to todmorden again if i get the time.......and a clear night ha ha

Hello Superjody.

Not "a dicky bird" as yet despite the many eyes on the lookout. We had a call from the police in Cheltenham recently as they had recovered a telecope of similar make but it turned out not to be one of ours, nice to know that they are still on the case. Thanks to some very generous financial and equipment donations we are back up to strength with regularly used items and increasingly busy with visitors. We will be taking part in the BBC Stargazing Live in January 2013.

Thanks for asking. :smiley:

Only found out about the breakin from ABS last week. Glad you managed to replace some of the stuff Peter, gutted for you it happened in the first place.

Hopefully see you soon, lifes so busy but will do my best cos enjoyed my first visit immensly.

Steve, aka Baz

Hopefully I will be back up there soon, had an op on Monday that went a bit pear shaped at Bury :sad: , but Im now back on the mend, not done any astronomy for a week (docs orders stay out of the cold), and with all these clear skies we have been having im chomping at the bit :grin: .

Archived