Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_solar_25_winners.thumb.jpg.fe4e711c64054f3c9486c752d0bcd6f2.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
CELESCOPE

The very hard Stephens Quintet NGC 7319 and colour sort off

This i have never been able to do before ,as they are so small it just was,nt worth going for with my past set up , but delighted to have got some kind of image , would have liked longer , but after a hard night with one thing and another i cut it short at just 1 hour exposure , but at least i got the devils , a bit hard getting them on the chip ,but we got there , same set up as before , only i used the CLS Filter for this image .guided with PHD, subs were 20x 3 min , focal length, about F7 estimate with 6.3 reducer , but filter wheel attached to rear end .

Rog

1775_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

1791_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Outstanding stuff you're turning out now Rog. Tried the Steve's 5 a while ago and its not fun at all. Love the Pelican's neck as well, the guiding seems to be working really well for you.

Kaptain Klevtsov

Yeah, come on Rog, 'spill the beans' on the technical detail!!, very useful info for others, and SteveL thrives on it :D

BTW, still guiding very nicely indeed. :thumbup:

Dave

Quietly edited by Rog:

subs were 20x 3 min , focal length, about F7 estimate with 6.3 reducer

Superb detail in the galaxies Rog and the colour looks good too. There's a reflection of the secondary surrounded by a faint halo occupying the L upper portion of the image. I've read how that happens somewhere but can't remember now. I think it does have something to do with the filters though.

Blimey Rog, you are almost ready for a Hubble like deep field image now.

Great galactic show this one.

Ron.

Superb detail in the galaxies Rog and the colour looks good too. There's a reflection of the secondary surrounded by a faint halo occupying the L upper portion of the image. I've read how that happens somewhere but can't remember now. I think it does have something to do with the filters though.

Looks to me more like a very faint dust bunny. If you go massively overboard on the stretching there are a couple more, but they're not intrusive in the image.

Kaptain Klevtsov

Nice grab Rog. :D

The colour in the 2nd image looks out of line with the L though.

mike.

Nice one Rog - little buggers aren't they? i love the way the spiral arms "wrap" though.

Nice field of view for this object too.

I also note the presence of a few dust bunnies!!!!! I can't remember the ins and out exactly but i think that when they are casting such a shadow they are pretty close to the chip - e filters and the plate above the chip will benefit best from a little clean :D ( I am the guiltiest in this respect and i wont give up my crown lightly.)

Anthony

well i mustconfess , with all this rushing around and testing the new set up , i have,nt given times to cleaning filters etc , my fault, but once finished all this testing, will get them all cleaned up for serious stuff , thanks for the nice comments

Rog

Rog, Nice capture on tough & small target(s). I tried this one last year and didn't get near the detail / shapes that you did....Good job mate.

Doug