Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

what dslr do you use

bottletopburly

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1100D. My family consider it an overcomplicated lump of removed words! It is not helped by my mantra of "oh bother, I was using the wrong ISO all afternoon!" or "oh bother, I thought it was set to autofocus!" :-)

But I love it anyway!

1100D. My family consider it an overcomplicated lump of removed words! It is not helped by my mantra of "oh bother, I was using the wrong ISO all afternoon!" or "oh bother, I thought it was set to autofocus!" :-)

But I love it anyway!

quick 1100d question, my daughter recently got a new one, i want to get her a couple of 58mm filters for it, do they just screw onto the front of the kit lens?

quick 1100d question, my daughter recently got a new one, i want to get her a couple of 58mm filters for it, do they just screw onto the front of the kit lens?

Yeah, they just screw in to the front of the lens

As for cameras, I used a Canon 500D until recently, and it works really well. I have just bought a 60D, so i am moving on to that. I used to own a Sony A100, and it wasnt very good at astro, so i would stay clear.

Keiran

I had a 450D but it was useless for AP as every 3 or 4 frames it would introduce some weird artifact. I bought a second hand modded 350D from my astro club and I have never looked back :grin:

I liked mine so much I've bought a second one in mint condition for 80 quid just in case my first one breaks or I fancy setting up some dual imaging:)

i'm new to this astro stuff but i have an eos350d which i was finding hard to focus on the t-mount.

i am now working out how to use a new(to me-second hand) eos60d, had a few star trail pics so far(clouds are beating me on work free nights)

the live view with zoom is hopefully going to make life easier for me to learn how to take some astro pics tho.

i'm also messing with the MagicLantern software so quite a lot to learn in one hit.

Archived