Narrowband

M42 Orion Nebula - Redo

qcdougn

It certainly looks a lot cleaner Doug, but I feel you have lost a bit of the nebulosity on the periphery, but I could be wrong. I shall have to look at the original. Perhaps I should have done that before commenting at all. I will apologize if I am wrong.

Ron.

No, I am wrong, it is still there, so I do humbly apologize Doug. Your cleanup has done the trick.

:D

Humble thanks to all again...

Craig, this was taken with an LX-90 (8") and a Meade Focal Reducer (f6.3). The camera was an un-modded Canon XT. This was a stack of 25 exposures of various times at ISO 800. I took 8 each @10 & 15 sec. and 4 @20 sec exposures. I didn't want to blow out the core (Trapezium) area, but yet collect a little of the outer, colorful dust areas. I've seen much, much deeper images of M42. But my goal was to have fun with a beautiful nebula and get a "Real" - Back yard astronomer's image.

* Keep in mind that your DSI is likely more sensitive that the Canon...So, judge your gain and exposure times accordingly...BEST Wishes on getting a Killer Image...

Doug

Archived