SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's is amazing. How did you manage to capture them?

I seen one at about 23:44 going towards Perseus.

Lovely sight. Only lasted about 1-2 seconds but was worth it.

Tom.

Two Dslrs shooting continuously using remote releases. One with a fisheye lens shooting at 30 seconds @5.6 iso 1600, the other with a 24 mm lens shooting at 20 seconds @2.8 iso 800

Even on continuous shooting and staggered timing there were a number of missed meteors because both shutters happened to be shut lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Blame Apple for the typos and me for the content

Two Dslrs shooting continuously using remote releases. One with a fisheye lens shooting at 30 seconds @5.6 iso 1600, the other with a 24 mm lens shooting at 20 seconds @2.8 iso 800

Even on continuous shooting and staggered timing there were a number of missed meteors because both shutters happened to be shut lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Blame Apple for the typos and me for the content

Excellent pictures. If its clear tonight I may stick mine out there and see what happens!

Thanks for the help.

Tom.

How much time was spent on video Kev, or have you found a way of programming the cameras to shoot 30sec sequences. ?

The remote release units just keep the cameras banging away continuously and they are set in manual mode with the shutter speeds set in the cameras.

I used 19 raw files to make the video, only 11 images contained the event I just used 8 more images before the meteor to pad the video out. The raw images were converted to tiffs and then batch processed applying levels, curves, resize to 800x600 and resharpened before outputing as 24-bit png images. These were then thrown into After Effects 6 to stretch the video out to a reasonable length and dumped out as an avi file.

All of the processes were semi-automated so probably no more than 15-20 minutes in total. I do intend to add in some dark frames to kill some noise but I was dead on my feet so I posted it as it is for now

Great capture Kev there's a guy caled Randy Halverson who does timelapses videos using a DSLR & he has manged to catch a couple of meteors burning up.

There's one at 53 seconds & another at 2:18 in this

Archived