Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_30_second_exp_2_winners.thumb.jpg.b5430b40547c40d344fd4493776ab99f.jpg

Hobbes

First Attempt - a long way to go!

After nearly 2 years of visual only I may my first tentative foray into the murky world of imaging on Monday night.

This was taken using a Tal 100RS (F10), EQ5 with motors (not guided) and a Phillips SPC900nc.

I ran the video through Registax and had a bit of fun tweaking the wavlets but the results are not the success that I had hoped and I wondered if anyone had some suggestions.

I think I need to Barlow the webcam for a start as there is almost no fine detail in the images.

Rob

post-11683-0-90606800-1355319581_thumb.j

• Like 1

For a first attempt thats a cracker. My first effort was a blob. If you try drizzle in registax it may make it a bit bigger.

Rab.

I run two stacked 2x Barlows on my imaging rig for Jupiter to get it to a nice size on the chip. But I have to use an extension tube as well in that configuration to get focus. Just food for thought.

After nearly 2 years of visual only I may my first tentative foray into the murky world of imaging on Monday night.

This was taken using a Tal 100RS (F10), EQ5 with motors (not guided) and a Phillips SPC900nc.

I ran the video through Registax and had a bit of fun tweaking the wavlets but the results are not the success that I had hoped and I wondered if anyone had some suggestions.

I think I need to Barlow the webcam for a start as there is almost no fine detail in the images.

Rob

Good pic there. I'd recommend a barlow, I managed this with my Skywatcher 130m the other night

Capture 12_9_2012 7_44_02 PM.bmp a barlow really makes a big difference. :smiley:

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.