Hello Everyone

Matthew77

Hello Everyone thank you all for such a great informative forum.

After browsing this forum for weeks as a guest learning about the different types of scopes and reading lots of reviews about beginner scopes I decided I was getting a little bit obsessed with reading up on pros and cons of a few scopes and decided my time might be better spent actually looking through a scope rather than looking at them! So I went and bought a celestron 130 EQ-MD scope which was half the price of what I was going to spend on a skywatcher skyliner 200 dob. I expected the quality of the scope to be cheap and the tripod to be flimsy, but for £150 I'm impressed by what you get.

I managed to set up the scope last night and get out in the van into the dark and I must say I was very impressed by what I managed to see through it, Jupiter although small was really bright and stunning to see with your own eyes as was a few of the brighter stars also Sirius (I think) it was glowing red and blue white.

I'm going to order a 2x Barlow lens today and maybe another higher magnification lens for looking at planets or maybe DSO if thats possible with this scope!

Hoping for clearskys again this evening.

Cheers

Matt

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived