Narrowband

for lo mag - High qual EP? - or bino-viewer?

smoothound54

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fwiw I can get roughly 1.1 degrees fov in my binoviewer and 10" newt, I moved the primary mirror so now I don't need the 1.6x corrector or a Barlow. Once you have viewed the moon, Jupiter,m42, the double cluster in a pair of bv's, there is no going back.

Totally agree. Some of my favourite binoviewing objects

I think I would go for a couple of 24mm Meade SWA, excellent eyepieces or if you have robbed a bank Televue 24mm Panoptics.

The problem with both of these is that unless you have a binoviewer that has a clear aperture of above 25mm you will be vignetting quite a bit, they both have a field stop of 27mm or more. With a William Optics or Revelation binoviewer the clear aperture is only 22mm so you can't use the complete fov of the eyepiece. They are both good quality eyepieces but if I had the kind of money to afford a pair of panoptics I would buy a pair of Denkmeier D21s to use with the cheap binoviewers or get the binoviewers supercharged by Harry Siebert to make full use of the large field stop.

Archived