stargazine_ep46_banner.thumb.jpg.34e6cdd5a0856b006a0b47c6373eb9b1.jpg

for lo mag - High qual EP? - or bino-viewer?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Alan I haven't a clue about the binos other than they require a bit of work to set up on a newt. A 30mm 82° eyepiece will produce a fabulous 2.5° tfov in your scope. I use a 31mm in my f5 newt (6mm ex

At 50, the average maximum dilated pupil diameter is 6.2 with a large spread. 6mm should be OK for the majority of viewers. I have used a 40mm in my F/6 scope, and that could be a bit washed out (exit

The problem with binoviewers for wider fields is that you need to spend a lot more money on the binoviewer to get one which can use more than the 23mm maximum field stop that is usable with a set of c

Fwiw I can get roughly 1.1 degrees fov in my binoviewer and 10" newt, I moved the primary mirror so now I don't need the 1.6x corrector or a Barlow. Once you have viewed the moon, Jupiter,m42, the double cluster in a pair of bv's, there is no going back.

Totally agree. Some of my favourite binoviewing objects

I think I would go for a couple of 24mm Meade SWA, excellent eyepieces or if you have robbed a bank Televue 24mm Panoptics. I agree with Michael on the 2 inch Binoviewer, even if you can buy one it will be very expensive.

Alan.

I think I would go for a couple of 24mm Meade SWA, excellent eyepieces or if you have robbed a bank Televue 24mm Panoptics.

The problem with both of these is that unless you have a binoviewer that has a clear aperture of above 25mm you will be vignetting quite a bit, they both have a field stop of 27mm or more. With a William Optics or Revelation binoviewer the clear aperture is only 22mm so you can't use the complete fov of the eyepiece. They are both good quality eyepieces but if I had the kind of money to afford a pair of panoptics I would buy a pair of Denkmeier D21s to use with the cheap binoviewers or get the binoviewers supercharged by Harry Siebert to make full use of the large field stop.