Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_30_second_exp_2_winners.thumb.jpg.b5430b40547c40d344fd4493776ab99f.jpg

wookie1965

BBC Tribute to Sir Patrick Moore

I wasn't sure i posted this in right place but i wanted let everyone know.

Edited by wookie1965

Without a shadow of doubt S@N will continue - the format of course will be discussed - i wonder if they'll actually have a "host" as such - maybe just seperate sections, hosted by Pete, Chris , Paul and guests?

Looking forward to tonight's tribute

• Like 1

Thought it was a nice tribute, had a such a strong sense of disbelief for what has happened when the S @ N music came on.. Really hit home just what a miss he will be when I heard that music..

• Like 1

After 55 years on the BBC you would think they could have dedicated at least an hour to this wonderful gentle man.

• Like 1

Totally agree with it should have been longer.. hopefully the S @ N will do their own tribute.

Yeah it could have been longer but I thorougly enjoyed it all the same, it even had me chuckling in places & there's so much of the S@N I have missed over the years.

Truly a brilliant man who will be sadly missed.

It should definitely have been longer, but it was still a fine tribute. Will miss his cheery "Good Evening" at the top of the S@N shows.

I guess good to get it on so quickly and I did enjoy it.

However, I really hope that the BBC find time to put a longer, more considered programme out at some point in the future - perhaps as part of Stargazing Live next year or maybe to mark what would have been his 90th birthday in March.

• Like 1

A wonderful tribute. The program reminded me of how much i'd missed of the S@N. It was sad to watch but also had me laughing in places also. Short but great.

Its on iplayer this morning, but still only 28 minutes, although still says 75 mins, makes you womder if the beeb thinks there are 150 in an hour !!

Much too short for such an amazing man.

Would really have liked to have seen this. We cannot access this content here in the states. Eventually am able to watch episodes of S@N and just finished watching the December "Mercury and the Moon" episode. Sir Patrick Moore looked much more energized than in the previous several episodes I have seen. I liked especially when he said he was sceptical about the presence of water on Mercury and would believe it until he had a glass of water in hand from there.

There are links on iphone version of tribute on iplayer to other memorable moments in SPM life such ad the NA interview. I wonder if this is part of the 75 mins that is quoted!

huesmapl, i think there is a programme available now to DL iplayer programmes but not sure. If i am right, i shall let you know if u still want it. I will pm u whatever.

Baz

Agreed that it was to short though still worth a watch

Hopefully S@N will continue though it won't be the same without him.