Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

BBC Tribute to Sir Patrick Moore

wookie1965

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah it could have been longer but I thorougly enjoyed it all the same, it even had me chuckling in places & there's so much of the S@N I have missed over the years.

Truly a brilliant man who will be sadly missed.

I guess good to get it on so quickly and I did enjoy it.

However, I really hope that the BBC find time to put a longer, more considered programme out at some point in the future - perhaps as part of Stargazing Live next year or maybe to mark what would have been his 90th birthday in March.

Would really have liked to have seen this. We cannot access this content here in the states. Eventually am able to watch episodes of S@N and just finished watching the December "Mercury and the Moon" episode. Sir Patrick Moore looked much more energized than in the previous several episodes I have seen. I liked especially when he said he was sceptical about the presence of water on Mercury and would believe it until he had a glass of water in hand from there.

There are links on iphone version of tribute on iplayer to other memorable moments in SPM life such ad the NA interview. I wonder if this is part of the 75 mins that is quoted!

huesmapl, i think there is a programme available now to DL iplayer programmes but not sure. If i am right, i shall let you know if u still want it. I will pm u whatever.

Baz

Archived