Sky Prodigy 130 Carry Case

Hi everyone,

Just bought a Celestron Sky Prodigy 130 telescope. The problem is that I have noticed that celestron do cases for other models, but no mention of carry cases for the Celestron Sky Prodigy 130. If anyone has any suggestions on any cases I could buy, it would be very much appreciated. I don't mind paying a lot for one - the main thing is it's a good quality, sturdy case.

Thanks.

Matt.

I realise that there is not a specific case for the SkyProdigy 130 model, but I guess I'm looking for any suggestions of whether any other cases would do a good job given its measurements and everything. I'm a beginner to astronomy so haven't got a clue!

Matt.

The Sky Prodigy 130 is a slightly modified version of the 130 SLT. Depending on what you need to protect your scope from, something like this might suffice http://www.telescopehouse.com/acatalog/Orion_Padded_Telescope_Case_39in_x_9.5in_x_11in.html

However, this wouldn't be sufficient for unsupervised carriage on public transport...

• 4 weeks later...

We use Storm Cases for our professional microscope equipment. Originally they were made by Hardigg, but seem to have been bought out by Peli, but run as a cheaper range.

We've travelled the world with these and they are super tough and very versatile. I have just got the SkyProdigy 130 so am going to be investigating which models might be suitable over the coming week, maybe staring to look at something like the iM3220.

Archived