Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M42 Orion 400mm lens more data added

RAC

I added another 3.5 hours or 10min subs to my wideish orion last night. Hoping i can do the same tonight as it really starts to bring out the backgound.

Its also got my latest telescope version in the core so that was easy to sort with a bit of PS.

I cant wait for my mono Atik 383L+ to turn up so i can add some HA to it although it'll be a slightly cropped version.

21x10min + 39x5min + 12x1min + 17x30sec + 10x10sec subs + darks @ ISO800

Modded 1000D @ -2 degC

Canon 400mm F5.6L @ f5.6

Celestron CGE mount.

CLSccd clip in filter.

Stacked in DSS and processed in PixIsight and PS.

Bigger version here http://www.flickr.com/photos/46302893@N02/8259584306/sizes/o/in/photostream/

8259584306_84783bcd42_b.jpg

Orion wide field by meg rac, on Flickr

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very nice Rac. I can't believe you managed 3.5 hrs of subs on Orion last night. You must have had really good skies and a good view. I have to wait until after 11pm for Orion to clear the rooftops and then I get less than 2hrs before it gets obscured again. My efforts last night got screwed up by a stupid mistake on my part. I will capture this fella soon though.

keep up the good work.

Very nice Rac. I can't believe you managed 3.5 hrs of subs on Orion last night. You must have had really good skies and a good view. I have to wait until after 11pm for Orion to clear the rooftops and then I get less than 2hrs before it gets obscured again. My efforts last night got screwed up by a stupid mistake on my part. I will capture this fella soon though.

keep up the good work.

I imaged it from 10pm till about just past 1:30am. I do have an ok view. I'm in a town but there is no high trees or buildings anywhere, just a bit of LP.

Super shot and very nicely processed... Great to see what the L primes are capable of :)

I get about 1/12 hour clear view of Orion a night this tiem of year and even then the flue from the central heating boiler is right in the middle of the gap... Whilst for me its oen of my fav targets it's not popular with everyone else in the house as I normnaly turn the heating off while it's in view...

Peter...

Cheers Rac,

Really nice, I like this a lot!

That's a nice lens you got there, super sharp and well corrected even in the corners, it's also great to see that you modded cam is still running as expected and working great for you :)

So...an Atik 383L+ hu??! You'll get spoiled in no time :grin:

Greets,

Luís

P.S. In your location Orion passes overhead right?

Archived