Reactions

jonathan

Thought I was being really clever by getting my new prescription as reactions with an ultra-clear coating, should be even better at the eyepiece... but completely forgot about solar observing.

I discovered today, my first outing for a while with the solar scope, that the reactions soon turned dark when in the direct glare of the sun, even if I wasn't looking at it directly with my eyes. With such a clear blue sky and the sun so low this time of year, it was quite dazzling too and hard to avoid. I have a second pair which I could update the prescription in, so I may do this (no reactions, no ultra-clear coating)

Didn't see much of interest in the end anyway (I observed without the glasses, my sight is good close-up), just lots of filaments today and a couple of spots.

Must admit I prefer taking the glasses off when observing. Mind you, you feel a bit of a nut when you forget where you put them so you phone the wife on the mobile to ask her to come into the Garden.

Archived