Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

RIP Sir Patrick

russ.will

Yes a very sad day for sure and he will always remain a legend in my books with regards to his contribution to astronomy to both professionals and amateurs alike. I met him briefly when he came to Bristol to give a presentation and found him to be a man of great humility and patience as he found the time to chat with everyone who queued up for an autograph or for him to sign his new book. I think it was clear to most of us that he has been very ill for sometime and sadly the inevitable has arrived - will be deeply missed.

James

• Like 3

I had the privilege of being lectured by him at Queen Mary College, London in the late 70's and also met him during that time.

I also saw him hold a audience of non-astromers spellbound at the same college when giving a talk on astronomy.

A true amateur who suceeded in the world of professionals. Words cannot express the effect he has had for amateur and professional astronomers.

His loss will felt by many but especially by me.

"No more Mr Night Sky"

RIP Sir Patrick.

Simon

• Like 2

It is probably fair to say that if it wasn't for Patrick Moore and the Sky and Night astronomy wouldn't be the hobby it is today and this site and others like it would just not exist. His contribution to the science and the popularisation of the hobby has been gigantic and he will be sadly missed.

Rest in peace among the stars you loved Patrick.

• Like 6

RIP Sir Patrick Moore... He is and always will be an inspiration to all old and new comers to Astronomy. Will the Sky at Night ever be the same without him?...I dont think so, A true icon..... Love the guy.... I salute you Sir Patrick :icon_salut:

• Like 2