Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M1 - Hubble palette

Komet

A target I have never imaged in colour before .....

M1 The Crab Nebula

T: MN190

C: QHY IMG2Pro

F: Astronomik Ha, OIII & SII

M: NEQ6Pro + EQMod

G: SX OAG + SX Lodestar

Soft -

Capture: Sequence Generator Pro

Guiding: Astroart 5

Process: Pixinsight

All channels: 10 x 600 seconds

Mapped SII/Ha/OIII (Hubble palette)

Imaged "Live"

komet_m1hp.jpg

Yes I did ..... forgot to add that in the details (tiredness is the excuse there).

This is "only" 5 hours in total and usually I like that amount of time per channel so I am going to continue on this one for a couple more sessions as I feel I can drag more detail out of the centre of it.

This is "only" 5 hours in total and usually I like that amount of time per channel so I am going to continue on this one for a couple more sessions as I feel I can drag more detail out of the centre of it.

I wonder if we'll get even another couple of 5-hour slots this winter, with any sort of good seeing. It's been pretty grim so far this year :huh:

Adrian

Great result. I was watching you do this one live :)

It is an interesting exercise to swap the colours around. You can come up with the same result colourwise as the famous hubble picture of M1. I'm pretty sure that the HST image wasn't mapped in the usual way, and that in fact they probably used other wavelengths for their image. M1 is such a rich nebula with narrow and broadband data in many wavelengths.

Again, excellent, well done :)

Tim

Archived