Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

AS!2 quality value

Sammyb

Hello - in the image display box in Autostakkert!2 I have noticed a "quality" value for each frame. When i fist open the avi each frame has a value somewhere betweeen 10 and 15 or so

how is that value calculated? what does it mean and what is a good value?

Once you have run "Analyse" you get a quality value for each frame as the stack is now "quality sorted". The best (and first) frame is 100% and the worst (and last) frame is 0. All the other frames have values in between these depending on their position in the stack. The values are not evenly spaced however as you may (hopefully) have a stack that is biased toward "good" quality.

Thanks Roger. I think even before I press analyse there is a quality figure. I thought it may have been a good quick way to check the quality of the avi.... but thinking about it how does it know the quality if it hasn't done an analysis yet....

Whenever AS!2 shows a frame, it actually does a little bit of analysis on that frame already. I wouldn't pay too much attention to this number though. You could use it to compare images taken with the same filter under the exact same transparancy conditions and camera settings, only then the number would have any kind of real meaning I guess. It might be nice to add the option to save the average quality of the stack somewhere, but it could be rather deceiving when the transparancy is just a tiny bit variable.

Archived