Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

Sign in to follow this  
Uranium235

Brace yourself!

Tomorrow is looking perfect for astro. Cold, crisp clear, and being as the moon isnt rising til later on there should be more stars than you can shake a stick at :)

Bring it on!

• Like 2

I would like to think I'm partly responsable for this possible clear spell as my pier adapter is still setting in concrete, and my mount is partially stripped. Kind of like the reverse effect of evoking cloud when you buy a new scope:D

• Like 2

Walking home after parking my little red van up and its looking good for later , Milky way nice and visible over head , Jupiter very bright .

I will give it a couple of hours and look for M31 naked eye :)

I hope your right, the forecast does look very good, tonight is not good in Manchester, just had a couple of flashes of lightning and thunder.

I think its heading this way later on by looking at sat24. Ive just packed away becuase of too much passing cloud, lovely and clear in between - but no good for imaging (a bit like last night). Lets hope tomorrow turns out to be a good one :)

Might have another crack at imaging M81 again tomorrow night , had a go a couple of Fridays ago but the Moon was out and there was very thin cloud passing over, plus I'd like to compare the results using the same exposure time and subs.

Good golly it's clearing. Was going to stay in tonight but I'm logging off now to set up. Looks like the moon won't rise until around 10pm.

Yes, clear forecast for tomorrow, but also cold. Seems around here it is to be -1 and a wind chill of about -5, so feeling like -6.

Tonight is looking pretty clear as well

Tomorrow is looking perfect for astro. Cold, crisp clear, and being as the moon isnt rising til later on there should be more stars than you can shake a stick at :)

Bring it on!

Good news, now i've got to find a stick.

I've ordered a new imaging camera, so you might as well call tomorrow off :D

Having a stab at heart and soul for now... while I can.

Just checked again, yep my eyes do not deceive - this had better be true!

post-5513-0-42535600-1354651844_thumb.jp

I have some experimental work to be getting on with (CCD/DSLR) and tomorrow looks perfect. Last night I only managed to get 4 useable 10 min subs from each camera for half an M45 (going to be a 2 pane mosaic). Quite promising for such a small amount of data an no calibration.

post-5513-0-23410300-1354652121_thumb.jp

Well I cocked up tonight. Tried longer focal length on heart and soul, framing was "a bit tight" and I could have done better. Switched to shorter focal length for a widefield, went back to find a slight focus shift to ruin things. Saw half the sky covered in cloud so packed up at that point and had a nice hot bath. Look outside again now, clearer than ever. Doh! Why do I do this?...