Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_30_second_exp_2_winners.thumb.jpg.b5430b40547c40d344fd4493776ab99f.jpg

FLO

New Skywatcher Heritage Virtuoso telescopes

Skywatcher have announced two new Heritage telescopes available for under £200. The Skywatcher Heritage-90 Virtuoso features their tried and trusted 90mm Maksutov optic and the Skywatcher Heritage-114 Virtuoso has the popular Skywatcher 1145p parabolic mirror-set.

But it is the 'Virtuoso' tracking Dobsonian mount that is most interesting because it features Skywatcher's patented Freedom-Find dual-encoder technology which allows the telescope to be moved manually in either axis without losing alignment or positional information. The Virtuoso mount can also be upgraded to full Go-To operation (finds thousands of celestial targets automatically) by simply adding a Synscan AZ Go-To handset and cable.

And it has some clever Skywatcher Allview style features that will appeal to photographers.

Considering the proven optics, impressive feature-set and low price, we think these new models from Skywatcher are going to be a huge success this Christmas :icon_santa:

skywatcher-heritage-90-virtuoso.jpg

• Like 1

Looks like an interesting option for Gigapan photography :) but it's missing another bracket to allow a camera to be moved forwards and backwards to set the nodal point for panoramic imaging and to allow the camera to be mounted in portrait mode which is the normal orientation for panoramic work.

edit: I just read the L-bracket is included :)

Minor error in the feature list I think:

• Power Requirement: 12v DC 1 Amp Power Supply (Tip Positive). Skywatcher
  • Power Tank Recommended or AA Batteries (not supplied)

should read

• Power Requirement: 12v DC 1 Amp Power Supply (Tip Positive).
  • Skywatcher Power Tank Recommended or AA Batteries (not supplied)

Will the Virtuoso Mount be available seperately, or does it fit the 130P? :angel:

Looks quite cute too, very festive colours too :).

Are they in stock with the AP-R3C (C3) Canon lead? I would like to try one out for the Geminids meteor shower next week? It should produce a nice panning timelapse

edit: I just read the L-bracket is included :)

:grin:

Minor error in the feature list I think...

Typo has been fixed.

Thank-you :smiley:

Will the Virtuoso Mount be available seperately, or does it fit the 130P? :angel:

The Virtuoso mount is not currently available separately. I doubt you could fit a 130p, the tube would be too long.

Are they in stock with the AP-R3C (C3) Canon lead? I would like to try one out for the Geminids meteor shower next week? It should produce a nice panning timelapse

The telescopes are definitely in stock, the lead probably is too but I am posting from home so will need to check in the morning :smiley:

Steve

For the sake of completeness, here is the Skywatcher Heritage-114p Virtuoso :smiley:

skywatcher-heritage-114P-virtuoso.jpg

Is the 90mm MAK the same OTA as the Skymax 90 (with a focal ratio of around 14)?

Yes :smiley:

How much does the whole thing weigh?

EDIT: Sorry, you've already answered that on the website...

Edited by Naemeth

The overall weight is approx 5.1kg (mount 3.7kg). Dimensions are 29x29x45cm.

HTH

My tea is on the table so I need to log off but I'll check the thread later :smiley:

That is most interesting Steve, that means, if I am right, it joins the Losmandy types that you can manually " shove to " without losing tracking or in this case encoder data. At under £200 that might just put a dent in the Prodigy market :)

John.

I am not familiar with the Losmandy series but it appears to be something Skywatcher are keen to promote. Some of the Skywatcher Dobsonians have it and the new AZ EQ6-GT does too. It is certainly a convenient feature.

Looking forward to a PBK test report on this mount ;):)

Sent from my P-7300 but still can't type

ok I give .... what the hell is a PBK test?

PhotsByKev init ;)

I was thinking of a PsychoBilly Kicking lol. I'll run it through the PBK testing and post a review on my site :)

I like the sound of this mount. Is it basically a syntrek unless you add the goto. How much is the goto kit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting product - fancy using one for solar observing and also being able to fit the PST. Does the base have a thread so a standard photo tripod can be used?