Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Quick 1100d Question.

allcart

I've been using the 1100d with APT. Is there a simple way to turn off the camera display while taking subs. Its been on all night, and I can't find a way of keeping it off. A camera lit up in the garden in the early hours is a tempting proposition for passers by.

There is a button on the camera itself labelled as DISP turn it off before starting the imaging run it will only then come on briefly to show a preview of the sub then go off again

This also has the benefit of reducing the amount of heat in the camera and should always be done. You might want to cover the viewfinder on the back as well as outside light can get in through there

Job done :)

Yes, light can get in through the viewfinder. This is particularly important if you want to take darks with a light on (or in the daytime). You can simply cover it with some black insulation tape. Personally, I do my darks at night after I've finished and turned the lights off in the observatory (and closed the roof) so don't find it a problem.

Yes, light can get in through the viewfinder. This is particularly important if you want to take darks with a light on (or in the daytime). You can simply cover it with some black insulation tape. Personally, I do my darks at night after I've finished and turned the lights off in the observatory (and closed the roof) so don't find it a problem.

On the neck strap there is a rubber viewfinder cover, well there is on my 7D. On my old 500D and my mate's old 350D it was also present so I assume the 1100D has also got it but I could be wrong.

Archived