sgl_imaging_challenge_2021_annual.thumb.jpg.3fc34f695a81b16210333189a3162ac7.jpg

Imaging with APT for the first time right now. (yes I am indoors in the warm, :cool: ) Does the preview screen update with every exposure, as it takes them. It might be that my tracking is good, but my screenshot does not appear to have changed in 21 exposures.

Also of note, is that the temp of the first sub was 20 degees and now with sub 24 it is 12 degrees. I thought it would get higher not lower.

Edited by allcart

I have a feeling you need to choose RAW+JPEG to get the screen images, rather than just RAW. I'm not totally sure about that, but if you're only grabbing RAWs then it could be worth a try.

James

Also of note, is that the temp of the first sub was 20 degees and now with sub 24 it is 12 degrees. I thought it would get higher not lower.

Well, it's below freezing here in my neck of the woods, so depending what the weather's like where you are, the temp could drop from what was originally room temperature I imagine.

Well, it's below freezing here in my neck of the woods, so depending what the weather's like where you are, the temp could drop from what was originally room temperature I imagine.

Yes. The last few lunar images I've done the EXIF-T value has started out somewhere around 16C or 17C and ended up at 13C.

James

I just set to RAW+JPG anyway ... :)

I also do this because ones the images are on the PC it's faster to look through the JPEGs if I have a mixture of shots.

James

Only shooting raw at the moment. I would hope all the subs would look the same anyway if there are no probs with the tracking. I kind of expected the screen to flicker between subs thats all. I have changed to another run of 30sec subs and the screenshot did change for the first image, so maybe it is updating as it shoots. Time will tell.

Temp has stabilised at 12C.

Loving this live shooting thing. It lets you monitor your subs as you go.

Things I've learned tonight........if imaging near the zenith you tracking needs to be better.

If there are too many stars out, I can't find a damned thing. :mad:

APT can preview both RAW and JPG files, but keep in mind that RAW are slower to decode. So I prefer to use RAW+JPG.

Allan, Make sure that "Image Preview" option in the Camera tab is set to On :)

Allan, Make sure that "Image Preview" option in the Camera tab is set to On :)

Yes, preview was on. I deduced that every sub was just the same. It became apparent that each sub was being displayed when I eventually got a bush appear in the edge of the frame, and I watched it moving down the side as each frame was displayed.

(I went out and pruned the bush)