Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hi from Cheshire

Johnboy

A big 'HELLO' to all!

My name is John and like a lot of other members, I was failry interested in astronomy as a child. No observing unfortunately but plenty of books. That was quite a few years ago. (I'm 49 now.)

Last year I decided to buy a 5" Newt and try my hand at learning and observing. Well, I got hooked! I have enjoyed it so much that I have taken a big jump up to a 12" Lightbridge. I took delivery of it yesterday and even though I expected a big scope I didn't realize just how big until I had it set up in my living room. I am really excited about using it. I have tried collimating it but the laser I bought seems to be faulty so have tried with my Cheshire. I am somewhat confused because no matter how much I fiddle with the collimation screws, the primary 'donut' only seems to move a little. This may seem like a silly question, but do I have to loosen all the lock screws all at once, or one at a time as I turn the collimation screws? I presumed I undid them together then locked them when I had finished. Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

I have enjoyed reading the different topcs on this forum and found them informative, interesting and humorous.

Best wishes to you all,

John

Thank you all for the very, very warm welcomes. This forum seems a friendly and informative place. I have posted my collimation question in the 'Equipment Help' section, so I am sure I will be sorted soon.

Cheers!!

John

Archived