Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Viewing saturn

Biggazza88

April next year it will start to appear but very low in the East probably too low to be considered OK for viewing. Getting higher during May June etc and therefore better.

Used a time of 22:00 ish.

Think on March 1st at midnight it will just crawl above the horizon, as in flat horizon.

Original said Feb but I managed to set the wrong time. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Actually it looks like Saturn is never going to be very high next year, if so then I would expect lots of complaints from people expecting spectacular views and not getting them.

yeah it sucks about saturns future viewings:( i viewed it 1st time this year and of course was a wow factor as it was my 1st planet i had ever seen, im really gutted i was only getting into imaging at the time so didnt even capture a nice image of my fave planet :( and viewing just to get worse and worse in the years to come is harsh :(

Just a quick glimpse would do me. I've been getting up at 6am last few days since it came out from behind Venus and it's been cloudy. There's got to be a clear morning sometime while it's still in view..........hasn't there???

(ever the optimist :smiley: )

Just a quick glimpse would do me. I've been getting up at 6am last few days since it came out from behind Venus and it's been cloudy. There's got to be a clear morning sometime while it's still in view..........hasn't there???

(ever the optimist :smiley: )

Ditto, except this morning I finally saw it, sat there in a neat little line with Venus and Mercury! Certainly the right way to start the day!

yea its a pain lol coz youre really dont wanna get up so early!

i was really reluctant the first time, but i just threw myself out and had a look. when i first found it with my 25mm EP I already noticed it to be slightly oval shaped. Got my 10mm EP out, had a look, and then.........................................

Well long story short, if I didn't have a life or was a full time astrophysicist I would have blumming done it every day coz it wont be a bad thing to gaze at saturn to start the day :D

Archived