Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_terminator_challenge.thumb.jpg.b7f10f594317507d0f40662231b0d9a8.jpg

This is a very wide angle image of the Night Sky looking east toward Norwich (hence the orange glow)

post-17906-0-12230000-1354378658_thumb.j

Unfortunately i forgot to take it in RAW so there is a bit of noise evident

I used the wide end of a Sigma 10-20mm EX lens on a Canon EOS 60D

• Like 6

I'm liking it. The colors are wonderful.

I plan on maybe going out for something similar tonight if the weather is clear. Going ot have Jupiter, the Moon and Orion ni the same fild of view with my 18-55mm.

Cheers all ^_^

I'm liking it. The colors are wonderful.

I plan on maybe going out for something similar tonight if the weather is clear. Going ot have Jupiter, the Moon and Orion ni the same fild of view with my 18-55mm.

There's a lot in that area of sky, loads of interest :)

This is really nice, It almost looks like the sunrising. Great composition and location

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Xiga
      Hi guys
      I'm breaking the cardinal rule here of posting late at night, right after finishing PP, so let's see what sense the dawn brings! 🙃 
      I shot this in the early hrs of 29th of March. There was no moon present (i think!) and conditions were pretty good, AFAIK. 
      This is 28 x 360s, so about 2.75 hrs in total. Taken as usual with the D5300, IDAS-D1, and SW 80ED. 
      APP used for stacking and gradient reduction, everything else done in PS. 
      Would have liked twice, or 3 times, the data, but it's just not happening, so i've just decided to process what i've got. 
      Thanks for looking, and all CC welcome as always 😀

• By masjstovel
      Hi,

I'm totally New to this hobby and i'm having trouble understanding something in stellarium.
      I have ordered (not recieved) a Sky-Watcher Explorer 150PDS, which has a 25mm eyepiece 50degrees FOV as a default.
      I also have a Nikon D810.

I wanted to get an idea of what my field of view would be with the 25mm eyepiece (30x on 750mm focal length), 
      and also what it would be With my Nikon D810 mounted shooting prime Focus - no eyepieces.

What surprised me was that it wasnt much difference between the frame and size of the object i get with 30x magnification (25mm eyepiece), and what i get with the Nikon D810 mounted. 
      I dont get this. What magnification do i get With my DSLR mounted with no eyepiece?

• By chris_33
      i am looking for a coma corrector for astrophotography, i have a skywatcher 254/1200 pds, a nikon d5100, and a skywatcher off axis guider, what would you recommend?
    • By Xiga
      Like the lunatic that I am, I decided to get the scope out last week during that storm that was passing through. The skies were clear and there was no moon about, so I figured why not! Only problem was the 17-20 mph winds, lol.
      I got 2 hrs of subs but had to throw away half of them due to guiding problems more so than the wind, amazingly. This was the 2nd time in a row i'd had Dec guiding problems, and that's after about 2 years of not having a single problem guiding. After the 1st hr of wasted subs, I turned off Fast Switching in Dec and chose to only Dither in RA, and the Dec problems mostly went away, at least to allow me to capture 1 hr of 'still dodgy but just about useable' subs. Once M42 disappeared behind the neighbour's roof, I then re-calibrated on the Celestial Equator (Dec 0) and when I switched to the Pinwheel Galaxy I was able to guide as normal again (with Fast Switching and Dithering in both RA and Dec both turned on again) and didn't lose any subs, despite the wind, so I've decided that from now on I won't be calibrating at the target itself, i'm always going to do it at Dec 0.
      I decided to throw this in with another 1 hr of subs (plus 10 x 30s for the core) that I took back in Jan 2017 (has it really been that long?!). That hr also had issues, with some weird streaking in the lower left that I could never work out what caused it. The D5300 hadn't been modified at that stage either. So I fired it all in to APP and decided to stack it anyway, and give it a quick process. Then chose to crank it up to 11 on the colour front, just for laughs.
      It won't be going on the wall anytime soon, lol, but I suppose it came out a bit better than I was expecting, all things considered.
      20 x 360s with an IDAS-D1
      D5300, 80ED, HEQ5-Pro.
      Stacked in APP, processed in PS.
      CS!
      edit - I forgot to downscale it - so no pixel peeping allowed 😋

• By knobby
      Had a quick search but not found much info, I've just 'transitioned' from DSLR to a CMOS (AA 183C pro)
      Used to capture with APT or Backyard Nikon, save as RAW, DSS to stack and use autosave.tif to work on in Photoshop. Whats the general consensus on CMOS ?
      So far trying APT or Sharpcap, saving as FITS, stacking in DSS still and using autosave.tif into Photoshop. I keep seeing fits liberator mentioned ?
      Opinions gratefully received.  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.