Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_terminator_challenge_winners.thumb.jpg.6becf44442bc7105be59da91b2bee295.jpg

kyokugaisha

Hello there.

I've been a long time devotee to all things astronomical but have spent most of my time doing space probe imaging due to my only scope being a pretty rubbish 3 inch newt from the 80s. I am, however looking forward to getting myself a SW Explorer 200P EQ5 with dual axis motors in the next couple of weeks and taking some webcam pics of my own to process rather than relying on cassini to do it for me!

I've started practicing collimation, webcam destruction and image recording to some success but expect daft questions and shoddy images before I get a grip of everything.

- Marc

• Like 2

Hi Marc, welcome to the lounge. With any luck the skies will have cleared in time for you scope arriving; it's gotta happen sometime :rolleyes:

Hi and welcome to the Lounge, Marc.

Clear skies and look forward to reading your first light report when you finally get your 200P out udner the stars!

Mark

Hi Marc, welcome to SGL.

Good bit of kit you've got on the way, tell us all about it when it arrives.

Good luck and clear skies.

Hi Marc and welcome to the forum. Congratulations on ordering your new scope but did you manage to order some anti-cloud spray as well? :grin: :grin: :grin:

Wishing you clear skies for it arrival and enjoy the forum.

James