Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

I've done something really stupid and now I can't stop sweating

spacebloke

Hi all,

I was just watching a video on Youtube from astronomy shed about propery centering the reticle in the polarscope. So I thought I'd give it a go.

BAD idea! I ended up at one point with the grub screws stuck inside the mount and now it's way off center!.

I've got the screws out now and I'm trying to center it but I'm getting nowhere.

Are there any tips anyone could give me on sorting this out?

Cheers

Stuart

If this thread isn't in the right topic I apologise (there isn't a 'OH NO, WHAT HAVE I JUST DONE TOPIC').

I'd throw out the grub screws and use screws that you can turn with your fingers rather than using a allen key. I have done this and used screws from a few bits that are spare. The screws that hold your eyepiece in place are what i use.

Centering your polar scope is so easy doing when you can turn two screws at a time. I have learnt this the hard way too.

Good luck.

I'd throw out the grub screws and use screws that you can turn with your fingers rather than using a allen key. I have done this and used screws from a few bits that are spare. The screws that hold your eyepiece in place are what i use.

If I had an obsy I might be tempted to do this, but in fact I actually replaced the thumbscrews to align the polar scope on my EQ3-2 with grubscrews because when I'm doing polar alignment every time I go out I found I'd get something caught up in them and potentially knock the alignment off.

James

I also would use a rubber O-ring to hold the reticule in place before you start to turn the screws. The o ring fits between the reticule and the eyepiece that screws in.

You will need a R-16 pluming O ring to do this.

Archived