Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

The seti banned signal the hydrogen line

I know theres a banned signal. Its 1420.41mhzband. This signal is banned by international agreement, man we usually dont agree with other countries on many things, and i find it odd! I wonder what would happen if i acuired some of the hightech equipment and tuned in to this frequincy! Would the men in black come? Would i get arrested?

Only to be used passivly. I doubt the FBI would be after you !

No - but a bunch of astronomers might well be after you! It's a key frequency for tracking hydrogen clouds, and they need sensitive equipment to pick it up, so transmitting on it would really annoy them!

No - but a bunch of astronomers might well be after you! It's a key frequency for tracking hydrogen clouds, and they need sensitive equipment to pick it up, so transmitting on it would really annoy them!

Sorry for the typo. That should have read passively not passivly. Not that passivly means to transmit :)

Dave

You have no idea how much this starting to read that a bunch of amatuer astronomers have discovered that if they start transmitting at the 1420.41mhz band they will manage to annoy the hell out of another bunch of professional astronomers. :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Now what would SETI be looking for?

The first 8 or 10 or 12 prime numbers in binary form should do it. :eek: :eek:

Archived