SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Hello - new member from Newcastle

Markatw

Hi Stephen

Many thanks for the information I'll bear it in mind once I'm up and running with some binoculars - also checked out your intriguing web site - we have many interests in common - not strictly for this forum but out of interest do you tackle model boat restorations as well?

best wishes

Mark

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've done all sorts of modelmaking, both as a hobby and professionally, so I'm open to most projects as time and space allow. Drop me a private message if you want to chat further, or come along to the SAS meetings. The first meeting of the month on the second Sunday is in informal workshop to help people out with equipment, have a chat or look through the society scope in the Cygnus observatory. The second meeting is usually formal with a guest speaker.

Thanks Stephen re Sunderland

Thanks to everyone for the welcomes and your thoughts. I've also had some very sound advice from Stephen Tonkin of Binocular Sky on quality and sizing and will now be off to try out some binoculars before I make my final decision.

best wishes Mark

Archived