Part passage of Ganymede

PNJ

Hi All

Had my first attempt at planetary imaging on the 28th, and quite pleased with the result except the clouds rolled in while i was attempting to image sequence the transit of ganymede.

at least i got something. Still a learning curve for me using registax 6.

A mix of 45 second and i minute Avi,s using colour DFK Camera with a 4 inch Televue and 5 x power mate.

any extra tips on processing jupiter would be welcome.

Paul j

post-2387-0-84624500-1354307402_thumb.jp

quite pleased ??? these are excellent for a first attempt. well done!!

Looking forward to see what you'll image after some practice.

First I would recommend that you image longer AVIs (3-4 minutes is the recommended time for Jupiter)

Dror

Hi everyone

thanks for your comments, i was not sure about the DFK Camera when i bought it, as i have used it on my 8 RC and tried imaging Jupiter, but give up because the image quality was very poor, as it happens think the Altair Astro 8 RC is out of collimation.

So decided to use my recently new TeleVue 101is, and i glad i have, as the Camera and scope seem fine, esp my first proper imaging session on the planets for at least 10 years lol

Just the image scale might be better when i get my 8 inch collimated, however prob better contrast using the Refractor.

Think the f ration was f27.

cheers

Paul J

Archived